Saturday, April 16, 2011

PBS Kids Play!

I have bought Olivia a preschool computer game.  It is the PBS Kids Play one.  I really like it and she LOVES it.  It comes with 3 months of internet...then I have to decide if I'm going to pay like $70 for a year so she can keep playing the games.  If she hasn't beat all the levels by then I think I might.  It would be worth it.  She has learned so much from it already.  It has every subject on there with tons of games.  It tracks her progress in a progress report to the parent.  Plus whenever she beats a level it posts it to my facebook.  :)  I really love the games and how everything is set up.  She is 2 1/2 and can do everything by herself.  I have another preschool computer game that she wasn't interested in.  They have a 2nd edition as well I may buy after this expires and then I'll get another 3 months that way...then I'll get my PBS subscription after that.  Keep in mind though in order to keep playing the games after 3 months you have to subscribe to PBS kids.  I really think it is worth it.  They have a 10 day free trial offer (no credit card needed) so you can check it out first to see if you like it.  I LOVE IT!!

I got some books at the library, 3 of them are aesop fables.  The Sun and the Wind, The fox and the crow, and the goose that laid the golden egg.  When I read these books with Olivia I pick out a word in the beginning and sound it out and read it to her and have her read it back to me.  Then throughout the book whenever that word shows up I stop and have her read that word instead of me.  Usually I pick two words so she has to look at the difference and figure out which is which from the letters.

Olivia has been having some major temper tantrums.  All day screaming fits.  So what I did was I found some behavior charts online and printed one out.  I wrote down some things on the chart like "No Screaming", "listens", and "Says Sorry", so everytime she goes a day without screaming and she listens and says sorry when she needs to she gets a sticker.  It has actually worked wonderfully.  The first day she just got a sticker on the "says sorry" line.  It has been 3 days now with no screaming (this is after a couple weeks of her throwing a screaming fit EVERY day).

For me now, I've had a crazy past few days.  Apparently I'm allergic to work.  No really I am.  Near the end of my shift at work I started getting what looked bug bites, then they started appearing all over.  I had a red bubbly looking rash right above my armpits and on my thighs.  It was hives.  It didn't get really bad until I got home.  I took 2 Benadryl and it was gone in the morning.  The next day at work my eye got red and irritated, I thought maybe I was getting pink eye.  I got a couple hives on my arm near the end of my shift again and by this time my 2nd eye was irritated as well.  I got home and noticed I had hives under my chin and on my neck.   I took one benadryl this time and waited.  I started getting more hives on the back of my neck and behind my ears.  Then my lips started feeling numb and puffy and the skin on my face started getting tighter.  So my boyfriend drove me and my daughter to the ER.  I was having an allergic reaction.  We don't know to what though.  I can't go back to work until I am cleared by a doctor.  The earliest I can get in is thursday...so thats a little crazyness.
Olivia just woke up from her nap... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment