Friday, April 8, 2011

No days of rest :)

Today Olivia and I went grocery shopping.  First I had to stop by the DMV to get my drivers licence renewed.  We went and got some food then came home.  Olivia watched some signing time and we read a few books.  She really liked the book Scaredy Cat, we read that twice today.
The Scaredy Cat [HC,2009]

  We also read a book that is called "Tall" it is a book about the opposites small and tall.  Its mainly a picture book but this little monkey wants to be tall so he climbs on a rock.  A lizard comes up to him and stands on his legs and they monkey says "small" again. Then the monkey climbs on the lizards shoulders and the monkey says "tall" again.  Then more animals come along and the monkey alternates between "small" and "tall".  I had Olivia read the words in the book for her to learn to recognize them.
Tall
We also read "Rain Forests" again.  This was Olivia's request.  We went over every animal in the book again
Rain Forests (Holiday House Reader)
Then I took out a couple worksheets for Olivia to do.  First we did a "God heals me" worksheet.  She had to mark on the sheet where she has gotten hurt and so she marked both knees (she fell down 3 times yesterday on her knees) and her face (where our neighbor Lauren threw the baseball at her) and she marked her feet too but I'm not sure when that was, she may have just been coloring the shoes at that point).

Then we did her letter matching worksheet.  She does really good on these, the only thing I have to do is keep her in the correct collum. 

I was only going to do 2 worksheets but she asked for more so we did a line tracing activity.  Tracing the waves.  She was more following the motion with this rather then tracing the lines...

But she did SOOO well with this next one.  She has only done this once before and it didn't look anything like her name...more like scribbles on the paper.  She is a fast learner and I'm surprised as how well she did with this! She is 31.5 months old.  On these she is tracing her name. 

Then Olivia saw our 3 year old neighbor Alex outside and she wanted to go to.  So we went outside and his mom and I talked while Alex and Olivia played in his big motorized truck.  We were outside for a while, maybe a little over an hour, then Olivia said she was cold so we came back inside.  

Then Olivia and I read a couple more books and I made dinner.  While dinner was cooking we worked on a collage with things that she likes.  The collage is about her so I had her pick things she likes out of some "family circle" magazines.  She did pretty much all the cutting and gluing (I trimmed some excess off of a couple pictures to make them fit better).

Then my phone died so I came upstairs to charge it and Olivia fell asleep on my bed.  Nic was out visiting his boys so I was holding off dinner until he got home.  

Right now with preschool I'm following her cues as to how much to do and how much she wants to do at one time or in a day.  Especially with her only being 2 1/2.  I do let her watch Leapster Letter Factory, Numbers Ahoy and other leapster vidoes, plus signing time as other educational suppliments.  The past few days though she has only wanted to watch signing time.  She has pretty much learned all the signs from those two movies though.  We just got them a few days ago.  

Tomorrow I'm hosting a playgroup "Park and Carseat Check".  I'm a car seat tech so there are 7 people coming to this event to go play at the park and then go to get their car seat checked one on one.  If it is raining there is also a library at the park.  Then after that I invited my neighbor to go to the library with me.  She wants to look for a job (she doesn't have a computer because her's crashed) and our kids get along really well so I'm driving us all to the library instead of taking 2 cars (because I have a minivan).  Tomorrow will be busy again.  I'm very glad I've had vacation all this week though.  I've been so busy but I have been able to get so much done!



   

No comments:

Post a Comment