Saturday, April 2, 2011

Getting Started

So today I went to the dollar tree and bought a pack of 30 nameplate style things.  I also got a few bins for organizing our craft stuff.  I wrote out the days of the week on the nameplates and also all of the months.  Then I cut the rest of the nameplates up into quarters and wrote the numbers 1-30 on each one (one number per square).  I made little paper holders for them and put them up on the wall so Olivia and I can do the day of the week every day.  This is in a corner of our dining area.  We have no wall space in our craft corner.


Then we worked on some worksheets.  We practiced tracing for the first time.  She traced lines and circles (pre-writing skills) I think she did very well for her first time tracing.  She is 31.5 months old.  I did the first line to show her how to trace and the last circle.  She did the rest by herself.


We also worked on tracing her name which we will work on periodically.  She also did letter matching/recognition.  She did excellent on this.  She got every one right!  (the other mark on the paper near the g is when she was done and was starting to color)

We also did a "Big and Little" concept.  I asked her to color the little raindrops orange and the big raindrops blue.  I wasn't sure how she would do on this because a few months ago when I tried this concept she didn't understand.  BUT she knows the difference now.  She had no troubles with this worksheet either.  

Olivia is napping now but when she wakes up we will go outside and play baseball with her Pink Easton bat and pink softball.  She loves playing baseball.  Then we may work on music with her keyboard and if she wants she can help me cook dinner.  
I've found Olivia likes doing the worksheets.  If she gets bored of them we just stop.  I have them organized by subject into different file folders. 

Olivia also did AWESOME at gymnastics today.  She did very well listening and taking turns.  She has improved so much since her first day/month/few months lol.  She is doing very good forward rolls doing the whole routine..(arms up in the air, head down, roll and tuck for 3 seconds).  She even tried to balance on one foot by herself standing on the balance thing...One thing she did today was they have this doughunt looking mat.  It is probably as high as Olivia's mid-ribs.  Usually the just climb over this but today she wanted to have them do something more challenging.  So Olivia did this first.  They put their feet up on the mat and with straight arms walked themselves around the mat using just their arms with their feet up on the mat.  Olivia loved it.  I didn't take any pics today...but I did a few weeks ago!



No comments:

Post a Comment