Sunday, April 3, 2011

Another busy day.

Sundays are always busy for us.  We were late for church..again.  Trying to wake up and get 3 kids ready for church by 8:30 isn't easy.  Finding socks is usually our biggest issue.  Then stalling and trying to get everyone out the door at once.  We got there right as the music was ending.  Nic took Jonah to the 1-5 grade room and I took Austin and Olivia to the Early Childhood building.  Olivia didn't want to go because they were in the nursery because there was so few kids (its the first service so not many parents with kids go).  Church was great as always though.  I love our church.  I've been to many with all the moving I've done in my life and it is the best one I've been to.  After the first service I grabbed some coffee and Nic and I separated to go help out during the 2nd service.  We always go to the first church service then volunteer with the kids for the 2nd service.  If we don't have the boys (Nic has them every other weekend) then we sometimes stay for all 3 services.  Olivia loves it.  She gets SOOO excited to go to church.  I'm a floater so I help in either the nursery, the 2-3 year olds room or the 4-5 year olds room.  Lately I've been in the nursery a lot.  Today was busy for the nursery! Olivia was SUPER excited when I picked her up.  She was gabbing away telling me everything she did.
We came home and I had to go to the store to buy some mac and cheese and hot dogs for the kids lunch, and milk...I also bought some glue sticks and 2 pairs of safety scissors from the dollar tree.  I also got an alphabet banner.
Olivia did 2 worksheets today.  One was a letter matching worksheet.  The other I cut out some pictures of clothes and pictures of food.  I had her tape (this was before I bought the glue sticks) pictures of things we eat on one side and tape clothes on the other side.  This was very easy for her.  She is getting so much better with concepts then the last time I tried working on them with her (months ago).
We went outside and played baseball after her nap.  She stands correctly and hits the ball when I throw it about 50% of the time.  She is a pretty good thrower as well.  She threw the ball to me and I hit it back to her.  We also met our neighbor today who just moved in a couple months ago.  She hasn't really been outside though since the weather had been rainy.  Small world though.  She is the same age as me and we apparently went to the same middle school  (which is about 70 miles from here).  She has a 3 year old son and a 4 month old daughter.  She says her son prefers to play with girls, which is perfect because Olivia prefers to play with boys (I have no idea why but with girls she gets very bossy...).
I did a load of whites and then a huge load of laundry...I love having a huge washer and dryer.  Its soo much faster then our old smaller washer and dryer.  The only problem now is keeping up with the clean laundry...
Since today is Sunday we mainly made it an outdoor play day.  I fell asleep putting Olivia to bed..but I have to go downstairs in a few minutes to put the stuff from the washer into the dryer so the boys have clean clothes to wear to school tomorrow...
Tomorrow Olivia and I plan on spending the day at Portland Central Library.  It has over 17 miles of bookshelves.  Its huge.  I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment