Tuesday, April 5, 2011

End of the day

Today was a good day.  Olivia wanted to read EVERY book we got at the library.  So we did :).  We got a ton of books on rainforests and I plan on getting some more, probably tomorrow, at a different library.  I'm teaching her the different animals of a rainforest and basically what a rainforest is.  She also painted today and practiced cutting with scissors.

We also did a fun little activity that Olivia now loves.  I believe I got the idea from "No time for Flash Cards" I adapted it a little to make it more for springtime.

I cut out shapes of different colors

Then I filled a flower pot with pinto beans

Next we put the shapes into the pinto beans

Then Olivia went digging for shapes!  I would call out a certain shape or a shape of a certain color and she had to find it in there.  She really enjoyed this activity.  

Olivia also played Chicktionary on my andriod phone.  She loves this "game" and I call out letters for her to find to spell words.  She knows all her letter so this is a good review for her.  For this video I did take it after she had been doing this for about 10 minutes and was about ready to be done.  Next time I'll try to get a better video :)




2 comments:

  1. Haha we are doing this on Wednesday, only with circles and little dinosaurs!
    I absolutely love No Time For Flashcards! She does a link and learn on Sundays where anyone can link their best blog post of the week - SO many cute ideas, and lots of HS blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip! I'll have to check that out. I only recently discovered No Time For Flashcards so I haven't really explored the site too much. I do love it so far!

    ReplyDelete